Are you, or is someone you know over 50 and looking for that little bit of extra support?
Age UK Horsham District provides a variety of services, many of which are free, and include:
· Home Visiting – a free service for those who are lonely, isolated and vulnerable. A volunteer is carefully matched to provide friendly companionship and support, offering a lifeline to the outside world.
· Help at Home – do you need that extra bit of help with every day chores at home and/or the garden? Our team will signpost you to reliable sources of help and support helping you to stay independent.
· Home from Hospital / Relative Support – a free service for older people with no one to help them when they return home from a hospital stay. Support is also available to help families make informed choices about future care for their loved ones.
· Village Agent services – a local, friendly face supporting those in rural communities with advice and practical help.
· Local Day clubs and clubs for people with dementia where those over 50, their families and carers, can receive support, enjoy social activities and interaction.
· Information and Advice – a free service providing essential advice, assistance and support to those needing help with a range of issues, including finances, practical support and health.
Age UK Horsham District is a local, independent charity. Our team of staff and volunteers work with individuals and communities to make a difference every day. We are here to help, whether your problems or questions are big or small. If you want to find out how best to get involved with others or you need that little bit of extra support – we are your first port of call. We will work with you to find the best solution for you.