This Bridges Memorial Spire is the remains of St. Marks Church.
A plaque attached to the base of the spire reads:
The Spire is 46 metres (141 feet) high.
It was erected in 1870 as a memorial to Mary
the only daughter of Canon A.H. Bridges.
This was an addition to St. Mark's Church
of the parish of Horsham, built in 1840.
The Church was declared redundant in 1988.
A new Church was built in North Heath Lane
as a replacement by the Sun Alliance Group
to serve the local community and this new
St. Mark's Church was dedicated in 1990.